Electrical and Communications Installation – Rail Infrastructure
RSGx are excited to announce that we have been awarded the electrical packages on the Sydney Metro City & Southwest project, which will extend metro rail services from Sydney’s North West region, through the CBD and beyond to Bankstown in Sydney’s South West. The project includes a network of new underground tunnels, an upgrade and conversion to metro rail for the existing T3 Bankstown Line and the fit out of new underground CBD stations, two of which have been awarded to RSGx.
RSGx have been scoped with the supply of minor electrical and communications equipment, installation, testing and commissioning.
RSGx are responsible for the following installation activities across the two greenfield stations:
- Cable hauling, termination, labelling and testing of all copper, fibre optic and LV cables
- Installation of cable containment
- Fire sealing
- Installation of patch cords
- Installation of equipment cabinets, field devices, mounting brackets, workstations, ancillary devices and all junction boxes and accessories required to complete subsystem installation
- Installation testing of equipment and cabling
- Preparation for testing and commissioning phases
- Compliance with safety requirements and procedures
- Submission of relevant contractor management plans and safety documentation
Project Management Office manager, Andrew Newton has said: “The Sydney Metro project is one of the landmark projects in Sydney and we are delighted to be involved with the delivery. Our recent performance in delivering a large package on the Westconnex 3a project has allowed us to utilise a strong delivery team onto this scope. We look forward to an ongoing relationship with the Thales team as they deliver the electrical and communications packages, both greenfield and brownfield stations over the coming months and years.”
Work has begun, initially on Pitt Street in mid-2022 with both project locations expected to be completed in 2023.