RSGx has been working hard on continuously improving our safety performance. Our development and review of corporate policies and procedures is complete and we have our sights firmly set on ensuring a systematic and consistent approach to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality management business wide. With this structured Integrated Management System, we are aiming to see results where our people remain able to work injury and incident free.
RSGx has implemented the philosophy of “Take Home Safety”, where our personnel not only value the importance and of health and safety in the workplace but take that value home to help ensure healthy and safe lifestyles for themselves, families and friends.
Whilst we are seeing positive results in our performance from our sites, we must always remain vigilant and not lose focus on the hazards we are exposed to every day.
What is ISO 45001?
ISO45001:2018 is an international standard that specifies requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system, and gives guidance for its use, to enable organisations to provide safe and healthy workplaces by preventing work-related injury and ill health, as well as by proactively improving its OH&S performance.
What this means for RSGx?
The company has commenced amending its Work, Health and Safety Management System to align with ISO 45001 in preparation for the external certification audit in September. Currently the RSGx safety management system is certified to AS/NZS4801.
What are the main differences between AS/NZS 4801 and ISO 45001?
- Senior management is now responsible for the 13 responsibilities previously allocated to the Management Representative in the AS/NZS 4801 certification.
- Businesses will need to include documented procedures for topics such as hazard management and training.
- Organisations need to make additional commitments in their health and safety policy. One of the changes includes a commitment to eliminating all hazards and reducing OH&S risks.
- Organisations need to identify risks and opportunities related to the making, operating and maintaining the management system.
- Businesses are responsible for extending workplace health and safety procedures for contractors and other parties.