Pre-commissioning, commissioning, and network services – Rail Infrastructure
The project consists of the delivery of the $715 million electrification and modernisation of the Gawler rail line, along the rail corridor in North Adelaide from Gawler to Seaford.
SCOPE OF WORK
RSGx were engaged to assist with the close out of pre-commissioning, commissioning, and network services in mid-2020. RSGx was to provide a team to integrate into the Acciona project team to commission the traction power systems. RSGx’s primary responsibilities is to:
Review the HV commissioning documentation, which details the required testing of all primary and secondary systems of the project’s 25kV Switchgears, in line with the project drawings and protection study.
- Review the HV commissioning documentation, which details the required testing of all primary and secondary systems of the project’s 25kV Switchgears, in line with the project drawings and protection study.
- Produce settings file to suit the protection study, and create the IEC61850 files within the Schneider and ABB relays.
- Work within the project team to assist and manage the subcontractor completing the energisation scope and reporting to the traction power project manager.
- Protection settings and SCADA system integration
- Generation and implementation of quality documentation for the traction power team including:
- Inspection test plans
- Inspection test reports
- Relay test instruction
- Building and implementation of High Voltage and Low Voltage permit to work procedures
- Management of construction and commissioningsubcontractors
- Development of construction and commissioningmethod statements
- Development of program for the traction powerteam using primavera P6
- Overseeing the communications networkprojectwide
- Assurance that project quality documentationaligns to contractual requirements
Subsequent to the commissioning scope, RSGx assisted with the fibre and network services and rail assurance.
RSGx compiled a team of High Voltage experts to integrate into the existing GREP Alliance traction power team, which at peak consisted of 14 white collar personnel, including a commissioning lead, construction manager, quality assurance manager, permit to work manager, HV authority, senior project engineers, project engineers, protection engineers, commissioning supervisor, site engineers and commissioning technicians.
ACHIEVEMENTS TO DATE
To date, RSGx has contributed to;
- Protection setting files created and successfully tested: 39
- Construction ITRs created: 672
- Commissioning ITRs created: 321
- Total manhours: 6,500 (to date)
- Loss Time Injuries: 0
- Successful and on time energisation of dry creek feeder station