RSGx was awarded with the maintenance of GE equipment and labour supply of experienced personnel on the APLNG & QCLNG project at Curtis Island, Queensland. Our brief was to provide:
Management level support staff including Supervisors and GE Equipment Specialists
Supply of instrument and controls tradespersons, dual trade turbine specialists and special class electricians
EEHA specialists and EEHA electricians providing EEHA Inspections, and rectification of non-compliances as per Australian Standards AS/NZS 60079.14 and AS/NZS 60079.17.
SCOPE OF WORK
Over a 4 month period, RSGx worked with client and contractors to provide the necessary expertise and know-how in professional maintenance of GE equipment.
Our activities for the duration of the project included:
- Electrical Equipment Hazardous Area Inspections on refrigerant compression units comprising of gas turbines, centrifugal compressors and generators.
- Critical Function tests on instrumentations associated with the GG’s (LM250’s) and compressors including fire and gas testing.
- Calibration checks on temperature, level, flow and pressure transmitters.
- Disconnect and reconnection of gas generators and HSPT (High Speed Power Turbines)
- Preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Dry gas seals and associated Bentley Nevada gear, such as vibration probes, Resistance Temperature Detectors (RTD’s).
- Performed PM’s and CM’s for QA handover.
- Quality assurance ensuring all electrical and instrumentation equipment & packages meet the requirements of Conformance Assessment Documentation, wiring diagrams & instrument data sheets as well as AS/NZS 60079 series and AS/NZS 3000.
- Leak testing of pipework for instruments and valves, and rectification of issues observed during tests.
RSGx have a team of oil and gas experts experienced in GE installations who have forged a very strong relationship on each of the projects, since award. RSGx prides itself on having the right team to undertake the works and to integrate with the client to deliver what’s Best for Project, which at peak increased to 28 personnel, with 10,000 work hours and 0 Lost Time Injuries.
ACHIEVEMENTS TO DATE
RSGx has a proven track record of going above and beyond client expectations. Our current achievements of delivering works on time and on budget for our lump sum packages, but most importantly delivering our scope with No LTIs or MTIs speak for themselves.
RSGx’s Number 1 priority is our people and are committed to delivering safe outcomes.