WestConnex, the largest road infrastructure project in Australia, is a 33-kilometer motorway network that will be delivered in 4 stages by Transurban. The M4 opened in July 2019, the M8, opened in July 2020, the M4-M5 Link Tunnels are due to open in 2023 and the Rozelle Interchange, is also due to open in 2023.
RSGx are performing work on the third stage of the project, the M4-M5 Link Tunnels. The M4-M5 Link Tunnels will consist of 7.5 kilometers of tunnels, linking the New M4 at Haberfield with the M8 at St Peters, with connections to the Anzac and Iron Cove bridges via the Rozelle Interchange.
SCOPE OF WORK
RSGx’s scope of work includes the surface ITS electrical installation and the M&E Installation at St.Peters Interchange (SPI). The scope is due to be completed in 2022.
RSGx are responsible for the electrical installation works including:
- Installation of all free issue equipment including variable message signs, traffic lights, PTZ CCTV camera, roadside cabinet, boom gate, over height detector, traffic loop, moveable median strip, prepare to stop sign, over height warning sign, traffic loop – ramp metering (SCATS Loop), integrated speed limit and lane use signs
- Electrical connection (power and control)
- Installation of earthing stakes to the associated roadside cabinet
- Installation of junction boxes and facility switch on the VMS supporting structure
- Inspection and testing
- Mandrill and proving of conduits
- Installation, termination and testing of all scope cabling.
Read more about the project in the project case study, which can be downloaded through the below link.